Problem: All employers now have to contribute financially to Apprenticeship training. However, not all employers have a budget for this.
Solution: A positive alternative is to encourage your existing staff to invest in their own future – TheLightBulb can help.
The government, through Student Finance England, has introduced Advanced Learner Loans – designed for people aged over 19 who want to study for a qualification at level 3 and above.
- No financial contribution from the employer is necessary.
- Learners can now achieve the level 3+ qualification they want –
- NO functional skills, NO 20% off the job training and NO end-point assessments are needed.
- Learners receive regular assessment visits, training and online support from TheLightBulb.
- There is no minimum time limit on achievement.
The loans are not means-tested or credit-checked. Repayments are collected through PAYE – but ONLY when the individual has completed the course and earns more than £21,000 per year. Until then there are no repayments.
Eligible level 3+ courses include:
- Lead Adult Care Worker (Health and Social Care)
- Team Leading
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Improvement Technician
Once the loan has been approved, we deliver the training programme as usual.
Full details of the loans are on the government’s website.