A Fantastic opportunity has just become available to join the team at Chalkwell Auctions. With exciting prospects and opportunities to progress, learn and develop new skills. The successful candidate will work alongside the Salesroom Manager and will work across multiple departments, gaining knowledge of all areas of the business.
What will you be doing:
- Booking in items for auction and setting out the display of the room
- Assisting the team on lotting days with the preparation of the catalogue, this includes photography, cataloguing and uploading the catalogue to various online sites
- Assisting the team during auctions: portering, pay office duties, managing internet bids, telephone bids, etc
- After auctions duties answering the telephone, collecting payments, organising delivery for costumers
- Managing the mailing list
- Front of house; answering telephone enquiries, contacting customers, promoting sales
- Administration tasks
- General office and administrative duties
- Scanning, opening post, collating paperwork
- The successful candidate will need to be confident speaking to clients via telephone and face to face
- Preparing paperwork for client meetings
- Answers telephone calls and follows up customer enquiries
- Arranges appointments with clients and the team
- Taking Messages and providing updates to clients
- Dealing with general clerical work
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- Physical fitness
What training will you take and what qualification will you get at the end:
- You will achieve the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard.
- There will be workshops to attend via Zoom.
- You will have a mentor who will support you on a one to one basis.
- In-house training will be given to support specifics of the role.
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) essential
- 35 hours a week
- SS2 5SE