What is the Team Leader/Supervisor Standard?
Typically this apprenticeship will take 12-18 months.
A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
What job will I be doing?
Roles/Occupations may include: Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, Foreperson, and Shift Manager.
What are the requirements?
- Must be managing a team or a project.
- Must be 16 or over and working at least 30 hours per week including all training and study time.
- Must be in an occupation relevant to the apprenticeship and hold a contract of employment.
- Must be allowed to use 20% of their working time to complete off the job training.
- Will need to achieve level 2 English and Maths before completing the programme if not already certificated.
If you are an employer wanting to up skill your staff, please call 01268 270648 or email [email protected].
For more information on how we can get you an apprenticeship and a job, please call 01268 270648 or email [email protected]
If you are already in employment but would like to up skill to benefit yourself and your organisation please call 01268 270648 or email [email protected]
For a full breakdown and further information on this apprenticeship standard please visit the following website – Institute for Apprenticeships – or click on the links below to download PDF files.