TheLightBulb’s new Traineeship Programme will help your business grow. We all…
What is the Operations/Departmental Manager Standard?
Typically this apprenticeship will take between 24-30 months.
An operations/departmental manager is someone who manages teams and/or projects, and achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisations strategy. They are accountable to a more senior manager or business owner.
Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities and job titles will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same. Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
This apprenticeship has been designed to provide access to development opportunities for as wide a range of individuals as possible.
What job will I be doing?
Roles may include: Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, Department Manager and specialist managers.
What are the requirements?
- Must be in a management position with direct reports and have responsibility for planning, delivering and achieving departmental goals.
- Must be 16 or over and working at least 30 hours per week including all training and study time.
- Must be in an occupation relevant to the apprenticeship and hold a contract of employment.
- Must be allowed to use 20% of their working time to complete off the job training.
- Will need to achieve level 2 English and Maths before completing the programme if not already certificated.
If you are an employer wanting to up skill your staff, please call 01268 270648 or email [email protected].
For more information on how we can get you an apprenticeship and a job, please call 01268 270648 or email [email protected]
If you are already in employment but would like to up skill to benefit yourself and your organisation please call 01268 270648 or email [email protected]
For a full breakdown and further information on this apprenticeship standard please visit the following website – Institute for Apprenticeships – or click on the links below to download PDF files.